To celebrate National Baking Week, why not get creative with coffee? Here is a simple and quick twist on a classic bake to try this weekend.
Have other ideas? Let us know your best coffee bakes!
What you need...
140g/5oz dark chocolate
5 free-range eggs
450g/1lb caster sugar
110g/4oz plain flour
55g/2oz cocoa powder
1 tbl spoon of your favourite brewed coffee
- Set the oven to 190C.
- Line your best 20x30cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Slowly melt the butter and the sugar together in a large pan.
- Take off the heat and beat in the rest of the ingredients.
- Brew your favourite coffee and add in a large tablespoon to the mix - you can enjoy drinking the rest!!
- Make sure the ingredients are all mixed together.
- Turn into the baking tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top of the brownie is firm but the inside still feels soft.
- Take out of the oven and cool in the tin. Cut into 5cm/2in squares when cool. Perfect with the rest of the coffee...